Self-Conscious about Your Smile? Give Yourself a Confidence Boost with Cosmetic Dentistry in Kenneth Square
Do you have chipped teeth? Discolored teeth? Perhaps there are gaps are spaces in your smile. Even patients with optimal oral health can dislike certain aspects of their smile’s appearance. At Adey Family Dentistry, Dr. Brad Adey offers a variety of dental services for your entire family, including treatments in cosmetic dentistry. With skill, knowledge and an eye for detail, Dr. Adey can create a beautiful smile to match your personality and individuality.
Am I a Candidate for Cosmetic Dentistry?
Everyone wants a dazzling smile. With the advanced technology available to us today, we are able to craft incredibly lifelike smiles with minimally invasive procedures. Dr. Adey practices comprehensive dentistry. This means that we understand the importance of achieving optimal oral health and function in addition to a beautiful smile. Therefore, patients who are considering treatments in cosmetic dentistry should be free from extensive tooth decay and gum disease. Not only is this the optimal choice for health, it is more cost-effective, as well. If you build a beautiful smile on a weak foundation, the results will diminish quickly. However, if you build it on a strong and sturdy foundation, it can last for years to come.
What Can Cosmetic Dentistry Address?
There are several factors that can detract from the brilliance of your smile. Cosmetic dentistry is designed to conceal these flaws and imperfections, revealing a brighter, whiter, more uniform smile. Cosmetic procedures can address:
- Chipped teeth
- Fractured or cracked teeth
- Gaps or spaces between the teeth
- Discolored or stained teeth
- An uneven smile
Treatments in Cosmetic Dentistry
We offer several cosmetic procedures at Adey Family Dentistry. These include:
- Invisalign®: If you want to straighten your teeth, but you don’t want to deal with metal braces, Invisalign could be an option for you. This popular system uses a series of clear, removable, thermoplastic trays to gently move your teeth into their desired positions. Best of all, because the aligner trays are virtually invisible, most people won’t even be able to tell you are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Porcelain Veneers: These wafer-thin, custom restorations are designed to bond directly to the front surfaces of your teeth for a dramatic outcome. Porcelain veneers are especially useful for camouflaging chips, discoloration, and closing down gaps between the teeth.
- Professional Teeth Whitening: Teeth can stain over time, due to the foods and beverages you consume. Professional teeth whitening can brighten your smile up to eight shades lighter. We offer both in-office and take-home options, so you can whiten your teeth when it’s most convenient for you.
- Dental Bonding: Minor imperfections can often be masked with dental bonding. This procedure involves the application of a composite resin material – the same material used when placing tooth-colored fillings. This cost-effective option is one of the most common procedures performed in cosmetic dentistry, and it can last for years with proper care.
- Tooth-colored Fillings: Although dental fillings are primarily restorative in nature, they offer a cosmetic result when you choose tooth-colored fillings. These restorations can be color-matched to your surrounding teeth. They blend in with your smile, and are not visible when you laugh, smile, or speak.
- Dental Crowns: If you have a cavity that is too large to be addressed with a dental filling, a crown may be necessary. With the high-quality materials used in dentistry today, our crowns are amazingly lifelike, and are virtually indistinguishable from your natural teeth.
- Dental Implants: Gaps between your teeth can diminish the beauty of your smile, not to mention have a negative effect on your function. Dental implants are widely considered to be the superior teeth-replacement option available. A dental implant replaces the root of a missing tooth. Once it has healed, a natural-looking dental crown can be attached. When treatment is complete, you can use your implant just like a real tooth.
Learn More about Cosmetic Dentistry
If you would like to explore options in cosmetic dentistry, schedule a consultation with Dr. Adey at our Kennett Square, PA practice. He can help you determine a treatment plan that will meet your needs. You can call us at (610) 444-2928 or contact us online anytime.